In Score The World 3. your task is to re-score an award-winning animated short. We hope you’ll like this new type of challenge!
Why our contest is different from others?
- All the contestants will know their exact ranking.
- TOP 100 contestants will get a short personal feedback from our jury.
- TOP 5 contestants will get valuable prizes provided by our great sponsors.
- 50% of the profits will go to charity, directly to a non-profit organisation that deals with mental health regarding screen-time.
- Five Cinematic Composing subscriptions will be drawn at random from all entries received
What you can get
TOP 100 place: will get a personal short feedback from our jury.
101. place and up: will know their exact ranking.
One more thing…
Timeline of the contest
- Early-bird registration – 29 EUR entry fee: open to everyone, of all ages and nationalities from Dec 2-31.
- Normal registration – 39 EUR: open to everyone, of all ages and nationalities, from Jan 1-31.
- Deadline for sending in your entry: February 14, 2022.
- Evaluation period : Feb 15-March 14, 2022.
- Winners will be announced: March 15, 2022.
Steps to enter our contest:
- Register and pay the entry fee here: https://www.scoretheworld.com/registration/. (If you pay your registration fee, even if you decide that you won’t send in your entry, we cannot refund you the registration fee.)
- You’ll get an automatic email from our website with the confirmation. Please note, that you’ll receive the confirmation from the email@example.com e-mail address, if you can’t find it, do check your spam folder as well.
- After payment, you’ll be redirected to the download page, where you’ll find the contest materials (movie with SFX) and the written brief. Also the download links will be included in our confirmation e-mail.
- You’ll have to create and upload your entry to Youtube until February 14, 2022.
- The title of the video should be STW + your order id that you’ve received in the confirmation email. (e.g. STW1640). Please do not write anything in the description and set the video to unlisted.
- You’re in!
- Winners will be announced on March 15, 2022, personal evaluations will be sent out to the top 100 in the following 2-3 weeks.
Sneak peek from the task:
Like and Follow is a 3d animated short film created by Brent Forrest and Tobias Schlage. It follows the story of a little boy that can’t see anything but the display of his smartphone. Each time he starts to realize the beauty and dangers of the world around him his smartphone forces his attention back to the screen. The production of the film started in spring 2018 and was finished in April 2019. During 2019/2020 the film played in festivals around the world, including Siggraph, Giffoni and Annecy.
The film played in 78 countries, at over 202 festivals, and won 33 awards to date. See select awards on imdb
The full short movie is 2 min 16 sec.